How to Setup NTL World Email on an iPad
I put together this blog a few years ago to help iPhone/iPad users who were experiencing problems setting up their NTLworld and Virgin Media email domains.
It has happily helped thousands of people to successfully setup their devices to send and receive their email.
This guide was updated 08 September 2014 after a number of people such as Claire Wilson and others reported the IMAP servers stopped working. So please note the new IMAP and SMTP servers should be virginmedia.com, not NTLWorld.com.
Take your time and follow them systematically. Just ensure you fully remove any old NTL accounts completely before following these steps, so don't try to overwrite your existing settings.
Instructions - For all devices including the latest iPhone 5s & iPads using iOS 6 & 7
1. Turn on "Airplane Mode" to guarantee you have no Internet connection during the next steps.
2. Open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and click “Add Account…”
3. From the list of Email suppliers choose “Other” and "Add Mail Account"
4. Input your Name, Email and Password, with the Description of your Email domain, e.g. NTLworld.
5. Leave the account type as "IMAP" and complete all additional fields such as username/password. Now enter the following for Incoming and Outgoing Servers:
** Updated - Now use imap.virginmedia.com and smtp.virginmedia.com **
6. Complete the Account setup and ignore the couple of prompts about the "account may not be setup properly".
7. Go back into your Email Account, click your email address and you should now see an "Advanced" option. Setup the Incoming Server to use "SSL" and ensure the Server Port is set to "993".
8. Now choose Account top-left to go back a page and above "Advanced", now choose "Outgoing Mail Server", select your Primary Server address, e.g. smtp.virginmedia.com and turn on "SSL", ensuring the port is changed to "465". Now choose "Done" and come out of the Account all together.
9. Turn off "Airplane Mode" and ensure you are connected to the wireless again.
*** Your Email should now start to sync. ***
I hope you found this guide usefull. Please like us on Facebook
I am sky customer and still uswmail addresse blueyonder.co.uk address I have been unable tp receive
any emails on 22nd of december. I have not changed anything and when i log it keeps asking for password. I have tried emails and try phone virgin media without success. Can you help
Can't singin help fed it it
Brilliant guide. Very helpful!
so easy to follow, i needed to go back as one setting had not changed but all working now. Thanks
Please can you help with ipad issues with ntlworld email address? I have successfully used your trusty guide for several years but now it no longer works. I was abroad (in Italy) when I started receiving messages that mail could not be sent, tho' I was receiving mail. My wifi connection there was poor, so I hoped that on returning home all would be well. it wasn't, but going through your procedure no longer works. I simply get the message that either my user name or password is incorrect, when neither have changed. I have had this problem before, and waiting a few days to try again seemed to resolve the issue, but not this time. Please can you help?
We are always interested in receiving CVs from experienced Helpdesk Support Engineers, as our business grows. View Jobs
Unit 2, Addlepool Business Centre, Clyst St George, Exeter, EX3 0NR
01392 87 57 57
More sports club sponsorship from Solve-IT
Solve-IT’s sponsorship of the new playing shirts for Withycombe… Continue reading
Raise A Ticket
Follow the link to contact our Service Desk. Raise A Ticket