This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing IT Services delivery company and the South West’s leading Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider.
Based near Exeter, Solve-IT are a customer focused service provider delivering IT solutions and Service Desk support to small and medium sized businesses that are based locally, nationally and worldwide.
A successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, have exceptional customer service skills and IT Service Desk experience, preferably within a commercial environment. They must be confident, friendly and have a professional personality with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to the role; strong organisation skills, especially the ability to multitask and prioritise workload, plus have the capability to learn fast and retain information.
Key tasks of the role will be to provide remote support to users of Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and mobile devices, together with varied cloud services, such as Office 365, Cloud Backup and Antivirus.
This is a hands-on technical role providing IT support to a wide range of customers, meeting expectations through predefined service level agreements (SLAs).
Can you offer a minimum of 12 months commercial IT Support know-how? Have you experience in providing helpdesk support for small to medium sized business IT and their infrastructure?
We are looking for a keen individual who has excellent IT skills and a strong knowledge of Microsoft products and a variety of hardware devices to take on this very dynamic and diverse role, which will involve processing and resolving customers’ IT issues.
This role reports to the Service Desk Manager, the successful applicant must be able to hit the ground running and have excellent IT troubleshooting skills.
Technical skills/knowledge required/preferred:
- Windows Server operating systems
- Windows Client operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 Business & Enterprise
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- End-Point Encryption
- Understanding of LAN & Wireless Networks
- Understanding of Firewall technologies
- Apple/Android Mobile devices
- TCP/IP Troubleshooting
- Printer/scanner maintenance and support
- IP Phones & IP Cloud PBX
- Support call activity logging is essential
- Professional and friendly approach
- Excellent communicator
- Self-starter and able to use own initiative
- Flexible and willing to adapt to different tasks
- Desire to learn and develop skills further
Main responsibilities of the job:
- Day to day Service Desk support to customers, as part of a team.
- Provide excellent customer service when monitoring, diagnosing and resolving technical issues for clients.
- Log all calls and activities in the Service Desk System.
- Deliver support to predefined service level agreements
- Participate in skills transfer within the Service Desk Team.
- Have some involvement in project management and delivery, including implementation, rollout and customer acceptance, ensuring that IT procedures are followed and relevant documentation is maintained.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the hardware and software agreements with 3rd party suppliers and administer software licensing
- Producing/reviewing technical documentation for use within the Service Desk knowledge base
- Reviewing systems/procedures against customer and business requirements and make recommendations for improvement.
- Attending meetings with clients and external companies representing the Service Desk Team.
- Maintaining confidentiality of data at all times and to follow data protection guidance and policies.
- Contributing to business improvement, through participating in workshops to identify areas for improvement in the processes and procedures.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested by the Service Desk Manager to facilitate the achievement of personal, team and company objectives.
- Based in Clyst St. George, near Exeter, with some occasional travel, which could require a valid passport and driving license.
- Service hours are 8:00am to 5:30pm - Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays (either 8:00am to 4:30pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm)
- The post holder will need to take part in an out of hours support rota and occasional out of hours work, which is an enhancement to the base salary
- 28 days statutory holiday, including bank holidays.
IT Service Desk Engineer
Vacancy Code: J966
Type: Permanent position, following a probationary period
Location: Clyst St. George, Exeter
Salary: £19,000 to £25,000 per annum (based upon experience)
Closing Date: 29th March 2019
Unit 2, Addlepool Business Centre, Clyst St George, Exeter, EX3 0NR
01392 87 57 57
Found a third-party charge on your phone bill?
What is a third-party mobile charge? These can be any charges… Continue reading
Latest from Twitter
How to find us
- Unit 2, Addlepool Business Centre, Clyst St George, Exeter, EX3 0NR
- 01392 87 57 57
- Contact us online