After successfully completing the prerequisite checks to upgrade your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11, you get stuck at the very last stage with a window saying, "What needs your attention".
This can be referencing an old application you know has been removed, but whatever you try simply won't fix it, or allow you to Refresh and move forward with the upgrade.
This happened to me this week and I eventually found a FIX! So happy to share it.
Follow These Steps To Fix it!
1. Important: Leave the Windows 11 Upgrade Assistant, "What needs your attention" window open Navigate to a hidden folder on your PC by pasting the following link into your Windows Explorer address bar. C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther
2. Delete the following file. compatscancache.dat
Note: Do not delete any other files in this folder
3. Now open your Control Panel and go to Programs and Features Click on Turn Windows features on or off
4. Locate and turn off the following features Microsoft Print to PDF Microsoft XPS Document Writer Then click OK.
5. Once you have completed the above steps, return to the Windows 11 Upgrade Assistant, What needs your attention window and try again to Refresh. You should now proceed and complete your Windows 11 Upgrade.
Please note: If the programs you have disabled are ones you plan to use after upgrading, make sure you turn those features back on again.
Let us know how you get on in the comments!